Amy Uthe, Chief People Officer
Martin Luther King, Jr. weekend marks one year since Freedom Learning Group (FLG) launched its workforce-led Business Resource Group (BRG). The mission was simple, to bring FLG contributors together across the globe to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace. Watching this mission take shape over the past year has been inspiring and I know year two will continue to build upon the foundation.
I am most proud of the group of geographically dispersed contributors who come together on a monthly basis to network, participate in professional development opportunities, and commit to community service.
The BRG exists to provide a platform to foster discussion and information sharing on issues impacting our global workforce while also creating opportunities for professional development and networking.
In the past year, the BRG has had an incredible impact on the community worldwide. Together FLG team members have:
- Donated over 13,000 service units (dollars, hours, or items) to communities across 40 states and 10 countries through numerous activities including an MLK month of service, teacher’s wish list drive, and “60 Days of Service” campaign for the time between Patriot Day, 9/11, and Veterans Day, 11/11
- Fine-tuned our personal brand in Lakesha Cole’s “Presenting the Best Version of You” workshop
- Prioritized well-being through the launch of TaskHuman, a live 1:1 wellness coach app made available to all FLG contributors
- Ensured new FLG contributors seamlessly feel at home with the launch of a Mentorship Program
- Hosted several lunch n’ learn sessions focused on DE&I, communication, and community service opportunities
I am especially grateful for BRG Advisory Board members John Jordan, Anne Townsend, Georgia Jones, Lisa Russell, Christine Studer and Sandra Pinick for their servant leadership to get this program running smoothly and successfully.
We will celebrate a second year by launching “A Month of Service” in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. I encourage every FLG contributor to spend some purposeful time volunteering, donating to your community, or finding other ways to give back.
If you are an active FLG contributor, I hope you’ll join our BRG. We all have a little bit of power to make a difference in the world – let’s do it together!
To learn more or join the BRG, please email BRG@freedomlearninggroup.com.